How to Colour Sugarpaste
Monday, 7 July 2014
You will need:-
Food colour paste of your choice.
1. Colour sugar paste the day before it is needed, as this will make it easier to work with.
2. Use food colouring paste rather than a liquid.
3. Using a cocktail stick or something similar dip into the food colouring paste, don't put on too much you can always add more colour if the shade is not what you are looking for.
4. Place your white sugar paste onto a flat surface and then drag the colour from the cocktail stick across the sugar paste leaving a line of colour.
5. In order to keep your hands colour free we recommend wearing disposable gloves.
6. Knead the sugar paste to push the colour through, it will go streaky at first but keep kneading until you have a solid colour. If you wish to have a darker shade add some more food colouring paste.
7. If the colour is too dark add some more white sugarpaste.
8. Wrap in cling film and leave at room temperature for 24 hours before use.