How to make sugarpaste eyes
Thursday, 24 July 2014
Eyes may be the windows of the soul but they do not need to be complicated. In fact, just a simple black dot can be surprisingly expressive. You can create more detailed eyes in a number of ways. Painting with food colour or using discs of coloured sugar paste are the easiest and most common ways.
- Start with an almond shaped or round flat disc of white sugarpaste and paint a semi circle of your chosen eye colour making certain you leave a circle unpainted within the eye colour which will become the highlight when then eye is finished.
- Leave the eye to dry for a short while then paint a disc of black onto the colour again leaving the white highlight unpainted.
- Start with an almond or round disc of white sugar paste and stick a round disc of your chosen eye colour onto the white sugar paste.
- Stick a flat black disc on top of the coloured sugar paste.
- Finish of with a tiny flattened ball of white sugarpaste on the black